Youth Futures WA
“Be apart of something BIG”!
Global Magic Shop is proud to announce that all orders received will donate a percentage to Youth Future WA. This is together with our new Magic Workshop program held monthly apart of the Life Skills development program.
Please read below to find out where the funds from your orders will be supporting.
Youth Futures and Anchor Point
At Youth Futures they believe that all young people matter, regardless of the circumstances they find themselves in. They also believe that given the right support, skills and opportunities, the possibilities for at-risk young people are endless. Each of these beliefs have informed their primary objective which is to provide young people with quality services that empower them to reach their potential.
Youth Futures Anchor Point Program works with young people who have disengaged from mainstream education, to help them achieve their Certificates in General Education. Since 2015 the program has succeeded in supporting 89.2% of graduates into employment, further education, or to secure an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Education doesn’t happen in isolation to life. The students who attend Anchor Point have experienced many barriers to obtaining an education. These barriers include, learning difficulties, drug and alcohol issues, caring for a parent, poor physical and mental health, low self-esteem, and experiences of abuse, bullying or homelessness.
The Anchor Point program aims to engage at-risk young people in education, the program, delivered across 3 campuses in Perth’s northern suburbs gives approximately 90 disengaged young people the opportunity to complete their General Certificate I and II.
Workshops and courses are designed to not only improve participants’ life skills and employability but improve their self-esteem, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills, helping empower the young people to unlock their future career potential.
Global Magic Shop have chosen to support the Anchor Point program and will help us deliver a range of Life Skill Development activities such as:
- Budgeting and financial planning
- CV and job application writing, which focuses on building a personal portfolio and job seeking/preparation
- Mind Matters and mental health education
- Drug Education and Support, which incorporates a weekly group activity covering information on drug as well as healthy lifestyle. In addition individualized appointments are provided to all students
- Personal development, including anger management, sexual health, personal hygiene, body image and self-esteem
- Art and cooking activities
- Excursions, including sport activities and developing links with the community
Through this partnership we hope to see Magic making a difference in young lives.
Please visit Youth Futures and see for yourself such a great cause.